NOTE: Apple Mac OSX 10.8, Mountain Lion users need to update Eyefi Center to version 3.4.28 in order for the card to initialize. This version is also available via auto-update.
If Eyefi Center fails to recognize your Eyefi Card, there are several things you can do to try to resolve the issue or at least help determine what may be causing the problem.
First, verify that Eyefi Helper is initializing the card. If it is not initializing, see Eyefi Card Initialization Fails to troubleshoot the issue.
- Update the Eyefi Center Software.
- Make sure that you are not plugging the Eyefi card reader into a USB hub.
- If you are using a third-party or internal card reader, try the Eyefi card reader instead.
- Try a different USB port with your card reader.
- Try using another computer that has Eyefi Center and Eyefi Helper installed.
- Exit Eyefi Center while your Eyefi card is still in the card reader, wait 10 seconds, and then restart Eyefi Center.
If Eyefi Center still fails to recognize your Eyefi card, but your camera still recognizes the card and the card still initializes in Eyefi Helper, you should contact Eyefi Customer Care.