Note: Hotspots have the lowest network priority. Eyefi cards will only connect to a hotspot if there are no configured private networks in range and Direct Mode is not enabled. As such, the Eyefi card network priority is:
- Ad-Hoc connections
- Infrastructure WLAN
- Direct Mode
Enable the Eyefi hotspot service
- After installing Eyefi Center, insert your Eyefi card into the USB card reader.
- Insert the USB card reader into your computer.
- Launch Eyefi Center, if it is not already running.
- Log into Eyefi Center.
- Click the Settings icon next to your Eyefi card's name.
- Select the Networks tab under Card Settings.
- Select the Public Hotspots tab.
- Click the Connect to Hotspots and Open Networks check box in the Enable section.
- Click the Save button. Your Eyefi card can now use supported hotspots.