Eye-Fi Direct Mode provides you with the freedom to send photos and videos directly to your computer. When you enable Eye-Fi Direct Mode, your Eye-Fi card will broadcast a pre-defined wireless network that your computer can use to receive photos and video from the card. In order to use Eye-Fi Direct Mode, you will need to have the following:
- Eye-Fi Center version 3.3.0 or later
- Eye-Fi Card with firmware version 4.5021 or later
- A computer that can connect to a WiFi network
- An internet connection
Part I: Enable Direct Mode on your Eye-Fi card
- Update Eye-Fi Center.
- Update your Eye-Fi card's firmware.
- Set your Eye-Fi card to upload photos to your computer.
- Insert your Eye-Fi card in your computer, then open Eye-Fi Center.
- Select your card from the Device list and click the Settings icon.
- Select the Network tab, then select the Direct Mode sub-tab.
- Check the When no known Wi-Fi networks are in range, start the Direct Mode network check box.
Note:The Direct Mode network will only start if there are no other networks for the Eye-fi Card to join.
- Choose different settings for the Wait sliders, if desired.
- Caution: Make sure that you remember the WPA2 password listed here; you will need it later in step II-4. You can select the password to copy it, or you can write it down.
- Click the Start Direct Mode Network button to view and add the Eye-Fi card network on your computer after that network deploys.
- Click the Save button.
Part II: Send photos to your computer via Direct Mode
- Insert your Eye-Fi card into your camera and shoot several pictures.
- Launch Eye-Fi Helper on the computer that you have set to receive photos (if it is not already running).
- Select your Eye-Fi card's Direct Mode network from the list of available wireless networks on your computer.
- If this is the first time you connect to your Eye-Fi card's Direct Mode network, you will need to enter the WPA2 password from step I-9 as the Network Security Key.
- Your computer will now attempt to connect to the Direct Mode network. Once it connects, images will start to transfer automatically from your Eye-Fi card.
Note: If you are in range of a wireless network that your Eye-Fi card already uses, it will use that network instead of deploying its Direct Mode network.
If images do not arrive after your computer connects to the Direct Mode network, check your computer's firewall settings: