The Eyefi app for your Android phone or tablet provides you with the freedom to send photos & videos automatically to your computer or online sharing sites. In order to use this feature on your Android smartphone or tablet, you will need to have the following:
- An Eyefi card
- Android device running Android 2.2* or later with access to the Google Play Store
- The Eyefi App for Android
- An Android device with an internet connection
* Note: Devices running Android 2.1 will not be compatible with versions of the Eyefi app beyond 1.2.2; these devices will continue to see version 1.2.2 in the Google Play Store.
Part I: Download and set up the Eyefi app for Android
- Go to the Eyefi app for Android page on your Android device.
- Download and install Eyefi for Android.
- Tap Sign In in the lower-right corner.
- Sign in to your Eyefi account.
- Tap the Settings icon.
Note: If your phone has a Menu button, press it, then tap Settings in the menu that appears.
- Tap Upload Preferences.
- Tap the settings you want to enable.
Your Android is now set to upload images to your computer.
Part II: Set up your computer to receive images
- Launch Eyefi Center.
- Click the Settings icon next to your Android device's name to open the Settings panel.
- Click the Photos tab.
- Click the Computer sub-tab.
- Select the Upload to this computer checkbox.
- Under Manage, select a folder destination for saving photos.
Note: Apple users may use the drop-down menu to select iPhoto as their photo destination.
- You can also choose several options for naming subfolders via Subfolder Options and Subfolder Date Options radio buttons.
- Click the Save button.
- If you want to send images from your Android device to an online sharing site automatically, please see Add a sharing site.
If you also want your Android device to send videos to your computer, click on the Videos tab and repeat steps 4-9.