The Eyefi app for iPhone and iPad provides you with the freedom to send photos and videos directly to your computer or online sharing site from you Apple device. In order to use this feature on your iPhone or iPad, you will need to have the following:
- Eyefi card
- An iPhone or iPad with iOS 4.0 or higher
- The Eyefi app for the iPhone or iPad version 2.0.1 or higher
- An internet connection
Note: If you are already signed in to the Eyefi app, skip to step 7.
Part I: Download and set up the Eyefi app for iPhone or iPad
- On your iOS device, access the App Store and search for "Eyefi".
- Download and install the Eyefi App for iOS.
- Launch the Eyefi app for iOS on your device.
- Login to your Eyefi account using the same credentials you use to login to Eyefi Center.
- On the Card Pairing screen, tap the Skip button if you do not want your iPhone or iPad to receive media from your Eyefi card.
If you do want your iPhone or iPad to receive photos from your Eyefi card, please go to the Direct Mode setup instructions.
- Tap the Done button to continue to the Eyefi app's home screen.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top left corner.
- Tap Upload Settings.
- Next to Upload to Computer, tap Off to turn on that feature. You can also turn on the other Upload settings at this time.
Your iPhone or iPad will now upload to your computer.
Part II: Setting up your computer to receive images
- Launch Eyefi Center.
- Select your iPhone or iPad in the device list and click the Settings icon.
- Click the Photos tab.
- Click the Computer sub-tab.
- Check the Upload to this computer box.
- Under Manage, select a folder destination for saving photos.
Note: Apple users may use the drop-down menu to select iPhoto as their photo destination.
- You can also choose several options for naming subfolders via the subfolder options and subfolder date options radio buttons.
- Click the Save button.
- If you'd like to send images from your iPhone or iPad to an online sharing site automatically, please see Add a sharing site.
If you also want your iPhone or iPad to send videos to your computer, select the Videos tab and repeat steps 4-9.